Equality Federation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, familial status, military status, religion, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. We welcome and encourage applications from people of color, indigenous people, and transgender people.
Job Title: Administrative Associate
Reports To: Development and Operations Manager
About Equality Federation and Equality Federation Institute:
Equality Federation is the movement builder and strategic partner to state-based organizations advocating for LGBTQ people. With 43 state member organizations from Equality Florida to Freedom Oklahoma to Basic Rights Oregon, we amplify the power of the state-based LGBTQ movement.
We work collaboratively on critical issues—from advancing workplace fairness and family recognition to defeating anti-transgender bathroom bans and HIV criminalization laws—that affect how LGBTQ people experience the world from cradle to grave.
We’re searching for administrative support for our growing team. This fun and unique team is passionate about making lives better for all LGBTQ people in all communities. That’s why we’re distributed across the country and love the communities we call home. This position will play a critical role in keeping our team connected to each other and to our supporters by managing our database, maintaining contact with our donors, and communicating about our great work.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
Ensure distributed staff feels connected, has access to documents and database to ensure smooth functioning of day-to-day operations for fund development, communications, and program needs.
- Maintain accurate records in our donor and contact database, EveryAction.
- Maintain our shared file system in Google Drive and train staff periodically.
- Answer any questions/comments sent to the email@example.com address via our website’s contact form.
- Support Executive Director on an ongoing, as needed basis.
Increase individual giving to Equality Federation through cultivation, stewardship, and acknowledgments.
- Support monthly sustaining donors program, tracking credit card validity and renewals.
- Support online fundraising campaigns, including coordination around Giving Tuesday, Give Out Day, and End of Year appeals.
- Ensure prompt and appropriate acknowledgement of all gifts.
- Maintain systems to support all development activities and operations, including donor and gift record-keeping; databases, records, and files; and gift processing and acknowledgement.
Increase Equality Federation’s brand awareness.
- Support and coordinate the process of sending e-news and e-appeals out to our list.
- Interact with member groups and national partners on Facebook and Twitter
- Write and ghost write periodic posts for the Equality Federation blog
- Comfortable using and managing a CRM database such as Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Salsa, or NGP EveryAction
- Quick, accurate web content writer
- Systems and process oriented
- Skilled in follow through and “managing up”
- Ability to work remotely, manage time effectively, and communicate well
- Ability to work well with a distributed team
- Fluent in Google Suite
- Ability and desire to travel
- Passion for LGBTQ issues
- Proficient in the use of social media platforms
Salary and Benefits
- This is a full time, permanent position
- Salary Range: $42,000 to $47,500
- Ability to work from anywhere in the United States with broadband internet and access to a major airport
- Health/dental insurance, retirement plan, and flexible savings account available
- Job Posted November 16, 2017. All applications are reviewed and acted upon as they are received. The position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found. It is therefore recommended that you submit your materials as promptly as possible.
- Apply here: www.eqfed.org/adminsearch
- Upload a resume and cover letter in PDF
- Provide three professional references