Equality Federation is committed to promoting racial justice and equity in all facets of our work. When we began our racial justice initiative in 2014, we decided that it was not enough to have a stand-alone program or project. Instead, we began to weave racial justice into every existing program and event, and to make it part of the program design process for all of our new work.
Our decision to make racial justice an integral part of our work means that our executive director training program treats competence in racial justice as an essential leadership capacity. And, in 2016, as we sought to expand our leadership development work beyond executive directors, we reviewed data from our member groups and realized that people of color are often hired into field and organizing programs. Our newest leadership program focuses building the skills of field directors and organizers, many of whom are people of color seeking to rise in the ranks of their organization.
- March Forward with Equality Federation: Racial Justice
- Power in Partnerships: Building Connections at the Intersections to End the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Discomfort is Part of the Work: Black Lives Matter
Latest posts by Mark Snyder (see all)
- Watch: New Ad Features Transgender Man Facing Discrimination & Report Exposes Patchwork of Protections - January 17, 2018
- State Equality Index: How Does Your State Score? - January 10, 2018
- Watch: Why We’re Fighting HIV Stigma and Criminalization - December 4, 2017