This is personal. As the son, grandson, and brother of veterans, I am horrified that some service members and their dependents could be denied life saving health care simply because they are transgender.
Right now, the House of Representatives is considering a discriminatory amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act that would deny transgender service members and their dependents access to health care. It’s cruel, un-American, and contradicts mounds of established research by military leadership and medical professionals that show transition related care to be medically necessary.
Please join me in taking action now:
- Call (202) 224-3121, press 2, and give your address to find your Representative.
- Ask them to vote AGAINST the Hartzler amendment which denies transgender service members medically-necessary care.
Mark Daniel Snyder
Director of Communications
Latest posts by Mark Snyder (see all)
- Watch: Why We’re Fighting HIV Stigma and Criminalization - December 4, 2017
- Giving Tuesday: Support Our Movement! - November 28, 2017
- Transgender Candidates Make History! [updated with more] - November 9, 2017