Equality Federation is the strategic partner to state-based organizations advancing equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) people. With forty member organizations, we are the national voice for the state-based LGBTQ equality movement. Since 1997, we have worked throughout the country strengthening state-based LGBTQ organizations; building the leaders of today and tomorrow; and making critical progress on nondiscrimination, safe and just schools, marriage, trans equality, and other social justice issues.
The Equality Federation team is distributed throughout the country in various communities, each working from home. We meet in person at quarterly staff meetings, our regional and national conferences, and for additional projects throughout the year. We meet and communicate regularly through Google Hangouts and Chat and use Google drive for our documents.
- Talented administrator, implementer, systems navigator
- Fluent in Google Apps, online databases, social media, project management tools, spreadsheets, LGBTQ issues
- Energetic, organized, responsible, self-starter
- Project manager able to get results from board and staff members
- Strong writer, editor and copy editor
- Team player with strong interest in being part of a close, fun, and hard-working group of advocates
The Program Associate will support the Equality Federation’s development and communications departments (60%), annual Leadership Conference (10%), board of directors (20%), and our day-to-day operations (10%). The Program Associate will work from a home office and travel 3-4 weeks a year. This position reports to the Executive Director with ongoing coordination with the Development, Communications and Leadership Program Directors.
Major responsibilities include:
- Maintain the database of donor contacts, donations, and communication.
- Ensure prompt and appropriate acknowledgement of all gifts received.
- Research current and potential donors to feed the prospect pipeline for major gifts.
- With Development Director, schedule and track major donor meetings for Executive Director, Development Director, and other staff.
- Manage grants pipeline, including reporting deadlines.
- Help with planning, creating content, and producing e-mail newsletters and alerts, blog posts, and other communications, as assigned by Communications Director.
- Copy edit and proofread Federation communications and reports.
- Occasionally interact with member groups and national partners on Facebook and Twitter.
- Assist with social media campaign planning and analytics.
- Clean, update, and maintain communications database.
Annual Leadership Conference
- Manage registration, vendors, sponsorship acknowledgements, and hotel logistics.
- Act as the main contact with the hotel on site.
- Monitor conference revenue and expenses.
Board of Directors Support
- Support and organize Equality Federation board and committee meetings.
- Prepare board agendas with Executive Director and Board Members.
- Archive meeting minutes and associated documents.
- Maintain board Google calendar and meeting reminders.
Operations and Administration
- Manage remote phone line/voicemail and general email account.
- Administer organization Google Apps.
- Administer new employee onboarding process, including Google Apps access, business cards, benefits information, etc.
- Provide limited executive assistance for the Executive Director.
Equality Federation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment.
To apply for this position, upload PDFs of a resume detailing relevant education and experience and a cover letter stating why you’re a great fit for this job, our team, and this organization at this link: http://eqfed.org/applypa.
Latest posts by Mark Snyder (see all)
- State Equality Index: How Does Your State Score? - January 10, 2018
- Watch: Why We’re Fighting HIV Stigma and Criminalization - December 4, 2017
- Giving Tuesday: Support Our Movement! - November 28, 2017