Today is the Transgender Day of Remembrance honoring the transgender people we’ve lost, often due to violence. This year, at least 23 transgender women were murdered in the United States and 81 worldwide. News outlets are reporting this to be the worst on record. Click here to see the international list of those we’ve lost and find a memorial/celebration of life near you.
While social media sharing is not enough – we encourage you to get involved in your community to make it safer for transgender people, especially transgender women of color – here are some of our favorite inspirational pieces of content this year:
- Equality Federation’s Infographic. Click here to share on Facebook.
2. VIDEO: Mothers Talk About Their Trans Children (HRC)
3. VIDEO: Transgender People Talk about TDOR (BUZZFEED)
4. Tweet: President Obama (via NCTE)
— Trans Equality (@TransEquality) November 20, 2015
5. Tweet: Hillary Clinton
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) November 20, 2015
6. Tweet: Bernie Sanders
Today we remember those taken from us and pledge to work to end the violence against the transgender community. #TransDayofRememberance
— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) November 20, 2015
7. These gorgeous posters in collaboration with Strong Families for Transgender RESILIENCE!
8. All the #tdor tweets from the State-Based LGBTQ Movement!
Tweets from https://twitter.com/EqualityFed/lists/federation-members
Latest posts by Mark Snyder (see all)
- Breaking: CA Gov. Jerry Brown Signs LGBTQ Equality Bills – Nonbinary IDs & More - October 16, 2017
- BIG LGBTQ MIXER TICKETS - October 12, 2017
- Victory: California Updates HIV Laws - October 11, 2017