In just a few days, more than 170 advocates from across the country will gather in Charlotte to connect and forge relationships, collaborate for future success, and build momentum toward even greater wins in the communities we call home.
The 2015 Summer Meeting (July 22 – 25) will feature informative workshops, inspiring speakers and incredible social events — in the vibrant city of Charlotte, with Equality North Carolina as our host.
As you're making your final plans, here are some final reminders to keep in mind:
- The airport is a short distance from Uptown Charlotte, where our conference hotel, the Westin Charlotte, and our overflow hotel, the Hyatt House Downtown Charlotte, are both located. Taxi from the airport to the hotels will be approximately $25, and takes 15-25 minutes, depending on traffic. The number 5 CATS bus runs from the airport to the corner of Trade St. and College St. in Uptown Charlotte, about a 10 minute walk from the Westin.
- Onsite registration for Summer Meeting begins on Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. and will be open each morning at 8:00 am. Stop by the registration table outside the Providence meeting rooms to grab all the information you need to make the following days a big success.
- Summer Meeting kicks off with a Welcome Reception on Wednesday night at 5:30 p.m. at the beautiful Luski Gallery at the Foundation for the Carolinas (220 North Tryon Street). Join us for this gathering even if you haven't checked in; it's a great opportunity to meet and greet other attendees.
- The official start of Summer Meeting is Thursday, July 23, at 9:00 a.m. with our Welcome Circle, which provides all participants with an opportunity to talk about their work and learn who's in the room.
This year’s Summer Meeting will be the biggest and best one yet — I can’t wait to see you all there. It's going to be an incredible three days!
Latest posts by Jenn Curtin (see all)
- Only 50% of LGBT Americans are Protected from Discrimination [REPORT] - October 27, 2015
- One Colorado Seeks Health Policy Manager - October 19, 2015
- Equality Pennsylvania Seeks Policy Director - October 19, 2015