At our annual Summer Meeting, state and national movement leaders from across the country gather to celebrate recent victories, connect with colleagues and friends, old and new, and collaborate for future success.
Each year, our host organization partners with us to ensure that the meeting is fun, informative, and unforgettable.
With 150 attendees from 30 state-based advocacy groups and 24 national organizations, Summer Meeting 2013 was our largest one yet. And it was a huge success, thanks in part to the hard work of our host, Equality Utah, who created a one-of-a-kind experience for attendees.
Summer Meeting 2014 is just months away, and OutFront Minnesota already has plans in motion to make this year’s meeting yet another historic event. We can’t wait to explore beautiful Minneapolis!
Does your organization want to follow in the footsteps of these two amazing groups and host our annual gathering in your home state? Although our 2014 event is still months away, it’s already time to start planning Summer Meeting 2015!
We’re in search of our 2015 host, and we’re looking for a member group who is eager to show movement leaders everything their state has to offer.
Some of the duties of the host group include :
- Finding the right hotel for the meeting
- Planning social events such as the FedFling and other outings in the host city
- Recruiting volunteers and staff to help throughout the event
- Obtaining local sponsorships for ads and events
But what's in it for you as a host? Why take on the challenge?
- You get to highlight the nuts and bolts of the work you do among state-based and national movement leaders.
- You have the opportunity to showcase your home state and everything you have to offer. The more local and connected to the community the meeting feels, the more successful it is.
- You can use the meeting to connect with local businesses and the city and state's tourism agencies. A gathering of movement leaders is sure to capture the attention of potential and existing supporters.
If you think your state is the best place for our 18th Annual Summer Meeting in 2015, and your organization would like to be our host, please contact me via email.
Latest posts by Renee Perry (see all)
- Equality Florida Is Looking for a Communications Director - October 9, 2014
- Tips for Members: How to Remove Duplicates from Your List in Salsa - June 2, 2014
- Wyoming Equality - April 14, 2014