We're in the home stretch now! In less than two weeks, I'll stand up in Salt Lake City and welcome you all to our 16th Annual Summer Meeting. Honestly, as the days tick away, I can't decide what I'm more excited about — the informative workshops or the incredible social events.
This year, we're welcoming an inspiring line up of speakers. Here are just a few of the many highlights:
- We've geared up an important conversation about trans policy with Mara Keisling and Lisa Mottet from the National Center for Transgender Equality joining Shane Morgan from TranOhio and Mel Goodwin from Gender Justice Nevada.
- Ted Martin from Equality Pennsylvania, Elyzabeth Holford from Equality Ohio, and Sean Lund from Movement Advancement Project will talk nondiscrimination messaging — sharing results from recent research as well as lessons learned on the ground.
- To lead a discussion on building a cohesive and effective board, we’ll hear from Ken Haller from PROMO, Elaine Martin from Equality North Carolina, Jeff Ayers from South Carolina Equality, and Stephanie Pappas from Equality Utah.
- The Federation's new Director of Communications, Jace Woodrum, will lead a discussion of online organizing and how state groups can use email campaigns and social media to grow your list build political power.
But useful workshops aren’t all we have planned. I'm incredibly grateful to our hosts, Equality Utah (thanks to Executive Director Brandie Balken and her team), for pulling together social events that will ensure we have the chance to reconnect with one another while exploring beautiful Utah. You don’t want to miss:
- A rooftop reception with views for miles, complete with a fireworks show (what could be better than that?).
- A trip to nearby Park City, the Alpine Heart of the 2002 Olympics.
- A visit to Utah’s stunning botanic gardens.
I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again: this year’s Summer Meeting will be one to remember. And I don’t want you to miss it.
And don’t forget that discounts are available to groups that bring more than 3 team members. Bring 3-4 people, and we'll cut the registration to $200 each (down from $250). Bring more than 5, and you'll only pay $175 each!
These team discounts also expire on July 15 so don’t delay any further. Email Renee Perry to request the discount codes you’ll need.
At the end of the day, while I’m really looking forward to the workshops and the social gatherings, I think I’m most excited about simply re-connecting with all of you. I’m eager to hear about your successes, to discuss how to meet your challenges, and to grow together as a movement.
See you in Salt Lake City!
Latest posts by Rebecca Isaacs (see all)
- These Stories Need Heard: Conversion “Therapy,” HIV Stigma, & Thriving While Trans - August 10, 2017
- Finding Hope in the Resistance: 20 Years of Winning Equality - August 1, 2017
- Trump’s Executive Order - May 4, 2017